Fire is an element that can bring destruction, but it can also nourish, sustain, and transform. Participants will learn techniques using both physical fire and the fire within. Safety and risk awareness when working with fire will be discussed followed by a demonstration of several tools and techniques including fleshing, drumming, flash cotton, and cupping as well as a presentation on how to incorporate these into your practice. Participants will explore this tool through discussion, demonstration, sensory experiences, hands-on exercises, and ritual. An understanding of energy work is assumed; however, no prior fire work knowledge is assumed or required.
- Suggested Duration: 150 minutes (2.5 hours) – 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Format: Lecture, Demonstration, Discussion, Hands-On
- Space/Setup Requirements: Lecture or Classroom Style
- Special Requirements: Massage Table (or similar), 1 Medium-sized Table (or 2 Small Tables)
- Provided By Presenter: Massage Table (upon request)
- Parties Involved: Traeonna (Presenter), Kiltgrrl (Presenter), TBA (Demonstration Assistant)
- Compensation: Please review Compensation page.