Safety lecture where participants will learn about rope safety and risk awareness before, during, and after play. Foundations hands-on workshop follows where participants will learn several foundation knots, hitches, and ties to form a solid base from which they can start their rope journey. Participants will learn how to apply foundation components to several different ties in order to explore the many possibilities of these basics in practice including single and double column ties, hog/frog/shrimp ties, chest and body harnesses, and adaptations for limited flexibility and other concerns. Rope kits are available for purchase ($20/kit) or you may bring your own 1x10ft and 1x30ft lengths to use. No lending rope will be provided.
- Suggested Duration: 240 minutes (4 hours) – 360 minutes (6 hours)
- Format: Lecture, Demonstration, Hands-On
- Participant Minimum Skill Level: Beginner
- Space/Setup Requirements: Open Floorspace
- Provided By Presenter: Supplies (available for purchase)
- Parties Involved: Traeonna (Presenter), TBA (Demonstration Assistant)
- Compensation: Please review Compensation page.